Very Berry Tiramisu
Prep: 45 minutes plus chilling
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry jam
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1 container (16 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened
1 tablespoon orange extract
2 cups refrigerated orange juice
1 package (17.6 ounces) ladyfingers
2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh raspberries (about 2 cups)
1. In large bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepot, heat jam, and fresh orange juice and zest over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until jam melts, stirring occasionally; cool.
3. In large bowl, with mixer, beat cream and remaining 1/2 cup sugar on medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and orange extract, and beat on low speed 1 minute or just until combined.
4. In wide, shallow bowl, place 2 cups orange juice. Submerge each ladyfinger, 1 at a time, in juice, transferring each ladyfinger to bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish; pack ladyfingers close together and tear to fit as necessary to cover the bottom of dish. You should use about 21 ladyfingers.
5. Add blueberries and raspberries to bowl with strawberry mixture; gently toss to combine.
6. With back of large spoon, evenly spread half the jam mixture over ladyfingers layer; evenly spread half the mascarpone mixture over jam and sprinkle with half the berry mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
375 Calories, 18g Fat (11g Saturated), 111mg Cholesterol,
52mg Sodium, 47g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 4g Protein