Grilled Shrimp, Corn & Tomato Rolls with Lime-Mayo
Prep: 20 minutes plus marinating • Grill: 10 minutes • Serves: 6
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1-1/2 pounds raw 21-25 count peeled and deveined shrimp
6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 package (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
2 ears fresh corn, husk and silk removed
6 whole wheat hoagie buns
Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
1. In small bowl, whisk together, 2-1/2 tablespoons lime juice, oil, garlic, salt and black pepper; stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Place shrimp in large zip-top plastic bag and pour marinade over shrimp. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; massage shrimp in bag. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice; refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Tear one 30-inch piece of foil. Place shrimp and tomatoes on half of foil sheet. Fold other half of foil over to cover shrimp and tomatoes; fold edges several times to seal tightly.
4. Place foil packet and corn on hot grill rack. Cover and cook shrimp packet 8 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, turning packet once halfway through cooking; cook corn 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently.
5. Cut corn from cobs. With scissors, cut an X in top of foil packet, then carefully pull back foil to open. With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp mixture to medium bowl; add corn and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, and toss to combine. Spread inside of each bun with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture; evenly spoon about 3/4 cup shrimp mixture into each bun to serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 321 Calories, 8g Fat (22% of total calories), 1g Saturated Fat (2% of total calories), 154mg Cholesterol, 597mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 23g Protein
Dietary Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch; 3 Protein; 1-1/2 Fat
Serve with a simple green salad to round off this meal.