Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes • Serves: 2
1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
1 garlic clove, crushed with press
1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon orange juice or dry sherry
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 skinless salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded or matchstick-cut carrots
1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Prepare rice as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, fill deep, 12-inch sauté pan with 1/4 inch water. Place 9-inch diameter cake rack (or roll up a 20-inch long piece of aluminum foil to form a ring) in pan. Cover pan and heat water to boiling over high heat.
3. Meanwhile, in 9-inch pie tin, whisk together garlic, soy sauce, juice, sesame oil and honey until well combined; whisk in 2 tablespoons onions. Place salmon over sauce.
4. Place pie tin on cake rack (or over foil ring); cover pan and cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°, adding bell pepper and carrots over salmon during last 2 minutes of cooking.
5. Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
6. To serve, carefully remove pie tin from skillet. Place e cup rice on each of 2 dinner plates; top with salmon and vegetables. Pour any sauce in pie tin over salmon; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
407 Calories, 14g Fat (2g Saturated),
66mg Cholesterol, 404mg Sodium,
43g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 27g Protein