Fresh Fruit Tarts
Prep: 20 minutes • Bake: 8 minutes • Serves: 8
12 sheets (9 x 14 inches each) phyllo dough, thawed
Butter cooking spray
1 package (8 ounces) Neufchâtel cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon reduced fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup apple jelly
2-2/3 cups fresh fruit: raspberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, sliced kiwi and/or Mandarin oranges, in light syrup, drained
1. Prepare Shells: Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and unroll phyllo dough; cover phyllo dough with clean damp towel to prevent drying.
2. Transfer 1 sheet to work surface and spray lightly with cooking spray, keeping remaining sheets covered with damp towel. Repeat 5 times, placing sheets on top of first layer, for a total of 6 layers; cut into 4 equal size rectangles. Form each into 4 muffin cups in muffin pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat with 6 more phyllo dough sheets and cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
3. Prepare Filling: In small bowl, with rubber spatula, fold together all ingredients. With whisk, stir filling until well combined.
4. Prepare Topping: In small saucepan, melt jelly. Do not let boil.
5. Transfer filling to large zip-top plastic bag with bottom corner snipped off (or use a spoon), and evenly divide filling into shells. Arrange fruit of choice over filling and brush fruit with jelly.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 286 Calories, 9g Fat (28% of total calories), 5g Saturated Fat (16% of total calories), 21mg Cholesterol, 275mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 5g Protein
Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Protein; 2 Fat