Wild Mushroom Lasagna
Prep: 40 minutes plus standing
Bake: 40 minutes • Serves: 12
Nonstick cooking spray
16 lasagna noodles
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4-1/2 cups whole milk
1-3/4 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons olive oil
8 cups sliced wild mushrooms (about 24 ounces)
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
5 green onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1 bag (5 to 6 ounces) baby spinach
8 ounces shredded Parmesan-Asiago cheese blend (2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook lasagna noodles as label directs; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and heat to simmering whisking constantly; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens, whisking frequently. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until most liquid is released from mushrooms, stirring frequently. Add garlic, rosemary, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in onions and breadcrumbs.
4. Spread about 1-1/4 cups sauce into bottom of prepared baking dish; top with 4 noodles, 2 cups mushroom mixture, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese, 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach and 1/2 cup Parmesan-Asiago cheese blend. Repeat 2 more layers of sauce, noodles, mushroom mixture, ricotta cheese, spinach and cheese blend. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese blend.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
475 Calories, 25g Fat (13g Saturated), 66mg Cholesterol,
878mg Sodium, 43g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 23g Protein